- Permaculture workshops and other practices in the family agro-ecological center
- Hikes through the incredible foggy forest of Lagos de Montebello
- Swim and explore some of the more than 70 lakes of the surroundings
- Enjoy the gastronomy and local organic coffee with Neri’s family
- Cross to Guatemala by walking around the International Lake.
- Cabin by the lake of Tziscao with hot water, light and an incredible view
- It is a temperate and very humid area of tropical foggy forest (mountain mesophile).
- During winter it can get cold during the night.
At 45 minutes from Comitán
At 2:30 hours from San Cristóbal de las Casas
At 3:30 hours from Tuxtla Gutiérrez Airport
This community has been explored and verified by the Rutopia team. We assure you a safe, accesible and authentic experience.
Disfruté tanto la caminata y poder sentarnos tranquilas a mirar el lago. El paisaje y la paz de lugar fueron definitivamente mi parte favorita. Muchas gracias por recibirnos, pasamos hermoso! Sigan cuidando de ese lugar tan mágico!
Everything about this trip was special to me. I studied Sustainable Development so I very much enjoyed the visit of the centro agroecologico, the women’s iniciative to purify water and the cultivation of coffee. It was inspiring to see how much the community cares about nature and human rights. The visit of five lakes was also incredible (laguna de Montebello). With regards to the my stay, I loved the cabañas in front of the Tziscao lake, they are very cozy and confortable, there is WIFI, hot water and there were no noise because of the trafic; I felt really at home! Finally, Neri’s family is very welcoming and sweet, Amerilis is a great cook and Pablo is the cutest kid! In particular, America and Isidoro (Neri’s parents) were very inspiring as they were the founders of the “cooperativa”. It was a pleasure to talk to them and to hear their experiences. This experience was so enriching, special and showed me that it is possible to live differently and in a sustainable mode. Thank you very much for making this experience very special and for being so welcoming to me. It was a pleasure to meet you and I will always remember you!