- Hiking through the cloud forest of El Triunfo and swimming in rivers and waterfalls.
Sighting and photography of the quetzal and other birds in the core of the reserve, when it’s the season (from February to June).
- Go through the organic coffee plots to see the production process.
- Craft bread making a workshop with the family of Don José and his talkative parakeet.
- Wake up every morning with one of the most beautiful views of our country.
- Cabins in Nuevo Paraíso: with private bathroom and shower with hot water.
- Camping: you can camp under the stars in the homes of coffee cultivation families near the forest.
- Lodging in the family homes: you can stay in the home of Don José in the community of Palmira or with Don Francisco in the community of San Pablo.
- The climate is very humid, semi-tropical with high temperatures in the community of Nuevo Paraíso and temperate in the forest.
- In summer it is very humid with an abundance of rain.
- Quetzal sighting season is from February to June.
3 hours away from Tuxtla Guitiérrez Airport.
4 hours away from San Cristóbal de las Casas.
This community has been explored and verified by the Rutopia team. We assure you a safe, accesible and authentic experience.
Gracias por la comida, estuvo exquisita. Gracias por invitarnos a conocer su hogar y sus familias lo que más disfrutamos del viaje fue la comida, los paisajes (el silencio de la naturaleza) y poder conectar con ustedes!!