Because of the covid the trips took a historic break in Mexico and the world. There were cancelled flights, postponed reservations and even the New Year’s ritual we did with the suitcase circling in the street, it has been forgotten. However, after almost five months, the new normality begins to take into account travel and to up to its rules and health security measures will be essential to continue to enjoy what we love most: travel.
That’s why here we list the recommendations given by different official organizations to travel in times of covid:
* Wear mask when in contact with others.
* Wear gloves especially when traveling by plane and when taking your suitcase or backpack.
* Travel with your own bottle of water, so you will avoid, in addition to decreasing garbage, having too much contact with other people such as overloads or those found in self-service stores.
* Bring some home-made snacks or snacks.
* Don’t forget our allies in recent months: 70% alcohol antibacterial gel, surface cleaning disinfectant wipes (tables, handles, handles, furniture in the room or bathroom in case of overnight stays), fabric preference mark that you can wash during the evenings and some extra gloves.
* Avoid using glasses, plates, cutlery or cups that are exposed “outdoors”.
* Clean the packaging of any item or thing you buy before using or consuming it (you can use disinfectant wipes).
* Investigate the hygiene measures of the place where you will stay and what its maximum reservation capacity is, recommended is 30%
* If you have any overnight stays, and you’re concerned about bed hygiene, you can bring a thin blanket and pillow. It is said that with the sheets there is less risk, since they are washed with each use.
* Avoid places and destinations of great influx or massive, whether touristic, consumer or entertainment.
* Visit places of nature to interact with the environment in different ways, immerse yourself in rural tourism, indigenous communities to contribute to fairer or more sustainable tourism.
One of the keys to being more secure will be to inform us and be responsible where we go. It is very important that you respect its health rules and to avoid surprises, try to be aware about the reopening of the destination to which you wish to travel.